About Me

My photo
We are known as PaWingers or just The Wingers by our Geocaching friends. When we found our first cache we had to come up with a name to log the find. We came up with this name simply because of residing in Pa. and because one of our many passions is cruising this beautiful country on our Honda Goldwing. Aside from geocaching we are passionate about most anything outdoors including hiking, kayaking, snowmobiling and biking. We are blessed beyond words with a wonderful son and daughter in law. We're also blessed with some terriffic family and friends. We consider ourselves very fortunate due to the fact that after being married over 40 years we still enjoy these things together.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Morning shower will have to wait.

We spent an enjoyable Memorial Day camping at Lyman Lake.  One morning I was on my way up to getting my morning shower and as usual got sidetracked.  As I walked to the showers I walked past a little mountain stream that is just before the bathroom and couldn't help but notice the beauty of it.  The stream was running strong down from the mountain and there were little patches of the morning fog being illuminated by the rising sun.  The shower will have to wait!  I headed back to the camper to exchange my shower bag and Monkey towel for a DSLR and tripod. 

I quickly set up and began snapping pictures.  I was so busy I hadn't noticed that a small crowd was gathering behind me.  Several people had gotten curious as to what I was looking at.  Before you know it I was joined by a half dozen people including one woman with a hairdo like Edith on Archie Bunker, one huge black dog wearing a scarf and last but not least, one older fella with a lot of his breakfast stuck in his gray beard.  After shooting lots of pictures and chatting with the small group of onlookers it was time to once again grab the shower bag and Monkey towel and head for the showers.  Hard to admit but staring at those fried eggs in the fellas beard was giving me the munchies.  Hope you enjoy the mountain stream as much as we did.  Whoda' Thunk there would be something so cool on the way to shower in the morning.